Thursday, April 5, 2018

How My Goodreads TBR has Grown and Changed April 2018


I wanted to update you guys quarterly this year on my mission to reduce my goodreads TBR. Historically my Goodreads TBR has increased every single year since I have been blogging. The most dramatic increase was in 2014 where I added over 100 books in the year. I started 2018 with 394 books and I have read some and added some more. My current goodreads TBR is 398. I'm going through my TBR slowly this year with Down the TBR hole and deleting books that I don't want to read anymore, so I'm hoping that this TBR is a lot less by the end of the year. 



Let's start with the books I added. Something different about this year is I have been more picky with the books that get added to the list. I want to get all the books that I own on the list, but I also use the list as a way to keep track of the books I keep hearing about and want to read. The last three are books I found at Barnes and Noble that I want to read.

I Have Lost My Way by Gayle Forman (favorite author)
When My Heart Joins the Thousand by  AJ Steiger (sounds interesting)
Don't Forget Me by Victoria Stephens (sounds interesting)
The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas (own, keep hearing about it)
The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertelli (keep hearing about it)
The Innocent Traitor by Alison Wier (keep hearing about it)
My Plain Jane by the Lady Janies (favorite author)
History is All You Left Me by Adam Silveria (own)
Once and for All by Sarah Dessen (own)
A List of Cages by Robin Roe (keep hearing about it)
They Both Die at the End by Adam Silveria (own)
This is Not a Love Letter by Kim Powcell (sounds interesting)
All the Was by Karen Rivers (sounds interesting)
Until Friday Night by Abbi Glines (sounds interesting)



I have read 10 books off my goodreads TBR. I keep track of this in a spreadsheet, so it is really easy for me to see which books were on my goodreads TBR when I read them. Of these 10 books 3 are physical books I own. 7 books were off my deal me in challenge. Its fun to keep track of the stastics. The number on the book is what number it was on my TBR List. The higher the number the newer the book was. I got If We Kiss, Catching Jordan, and Mercy off the top 30 on the list.

If We Kiss by Rachel Vail
Catching Jordan by Miranda Keneally
Ophelia and the Marvelous Boy by Karen Foxlee
Destiny Rewritten by Kathryn Fitzmaurice
Princess Academy by Shannon Hale
Panic by Lauren Oliver
Mercy by Jodi Picoult
Lucky in Love by Kasie West
On Mystic Lake by Kristin Hannah
After You by Jojo Moyes


I also read 3 books off my shelf in March. I haven't finished After You as I'm writing this post, but it will be finished. I'm really proud of my progress this month with Take Control of Your TBR and reading some books I own this month. 








1 comment:

  1. Looks like you're doing great! I really need to sit down and work on my Goodreads TBR, I've added books to that list that I don't even own. I've been thinking of making a shelf on there of books that I physically own. Might have to work on that soon. Good job on cracking down your list.

    ReplyDelete

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.