Friday, March 9, 2018

Down the TBR Hole (March 2018)


The idea behind this series is that you look at the books on your Goodreads TBR pile and chose to keep the books or delete the books.

I think it is going to help me look at my goodreads TBR and get rid of books I'm no longer interested in. Today I'm doing the first ten books on my TBR. Something that you will find out about the beginning of the list is that I'm really attached to this books despite the fact that I haven't read them. They have made it through countless purges of the TBR because I care about them. 

Here are my three categories for this. Keep, Delete, or Read by the End of 2019. 

2019 ends my 5 year Deal Me in Challenge and most of the books that were on that challenge list that do not get read by the end of the 5 years will end up getting deleted off my goodreads TBR. I will be setting that as a deadline for some books that I like, but if I don't read them then they will be deleted then. 


1. Fly Away Home by Jennifer Weiner- I have checked this book out from the library several times with no real sucess. It is on my Deal Me In list so I would like to read it for that challenge. 

2. Home Front by Kristin Hannah- I'm reading a Kristin Hannah book currently and she is one of my favorite authors, but I don't read her a whole lot. When I do pick up a Kristin Hannah book I always enjoy it, so I'm excited to read Home Front.

3,9,10. Jodi Picoult is one of my favorite authors. I love reading her books and I'm almost caught up with her backlist books. I think I will ge to these someday. I host readalongs with my goodreads group every so often, which does push me to read another Jodi Picoult book. 

4, 5, 6. Anybody that knows me know that I'm a big Little House fan, but I'm a little bit wiery of these three since they weren't written by Laura. All the reviews are really good and I think the authors did their research, so I would like to try to read these, but if I don't they will be deleted in 2019. 

7. At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks- I deleted a bunch of Nicholas Sparks books I haven't read earlier this year. I kept this one because I read the 1st book, but that was several years ago. I'm going to give myself another year and then this book needs to go. 

8. Who Loves You Best by Tess Stimson- The summary in this book is very interesting to me that I keep looking at deleting this book, but I keep it because I like the summary. I'm myself a little more time to read it, but a deadline, so it doesn't sit on my TBR forever. 


There are my reasons. I'm going to try to do this monthly. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh I like how you do the "read by 2019" shortlist! I do this once a month too and it's been great. I used to do two big Goodreads purges a year but I find looking at only a few at a time and thinking carefully about them has been super helpful and way more productive.

    ReplyDelete

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.