Thursday, January 11, 2018

2017 Deal Me In/Fill in the Gaps Update


              Sign Up                                                              Hosted by Bibliophilopolis

At the beginning of 2015 I challenged myself to read 100 books in 5 years. If I complete 75 books the list is considered completed. You can view my original list here. Throughout the years I have crossed off many books on the list after I read them and I made a couple changes to the original list after trying to read the original book I set forth and not wanting to finish the book. I'm here do the end of the year tally to see how many books I have read. In 2015 I read 16 books off the list. In 2016 I read 15 books off the list. In 2017 I managed to read 11 books off the list. This puts me 4 books behind towards the 75 book goal, so I have some plans in 2018 to catch up on the list and complete the challenge. As I go through the list there are so many books on the list I do want to read they just get forgotten when there are so many new releases coming out. I have two years left to complete this list and I'm excited to make a new list and start another 5 years in 2020.

I do think what is different about this year is I have got rid of all the books I truly do not want to read. All 11 of these books were straight from the list. None were replacements for books I don't want to read.




2 comments:

  1. I've tried TWICE to read For One More Day and never ended up finishing it. It's definitely not a bad book, but it just wasn't for me. I also need to finish the Infernal Devices (although I probably won't anymore, since I've been spoiled already) and the Delirium books. Good luck, Rachael! <3

    - Aimee @ Aimee, Always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just One Day is hard to get into, but I did end up enjoying it. I read it during a readathon, so I read it pretty quickly. The infernal devices was spoiled for me also, but it was still worth the read and I listened to the Delirium books through audiobooks.

      Delete

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.