Saturday, March 14, 2015

Read My Library Challenge Sign Up



I have been loving these monthly challenges this year. So far I have joined the Put the Library on Hold Challenge, Winning at Reading, and Take Control of Your TBR Pile. Plus I have the TBR Double Dare, which ends April 1st, 2015. Winter COYER just wrapped up last week. All these challenges were meant to help me tackle my physical and kindle TBR. I have read 2 books I borrowed from my roommate, 1 book I own, 3 kindle books, and 10 library books.

From those stats you can see that the library is my favorite method of reading. I'm cutting down on library books for the rest of the school year as I won't be home very often. Even if I read one library book during the whole month of April this challenge is worth it because it celebrates everything I love to celebrate in April. 

April 12-18th is National Library Week, so check out your local libraries this week for even more fun activities than usual. The most important part about this challenge is celebrating libraries and all the good they do for the community. Even a family that is struggling to get by can afford to read through their library. I for one would not be able to read 70 books a year without getting over half of the books from the library. I love owning books, but I'm a college student so the library is a favorite location of mine. 

I have celebrated library on my blog for the past two years and this challenge gives me another chance to continue to tell you guys why I love my library and why you should love the library too. I will try to update weekly with which books I have checkout and update my reading progress. 

I will also be announcing My Library Books 2015 Read-A-Thon Date during National Library Week, so you have that to look forward to. I will put up a current checkout post on April 1st and Happy Reading!



4 comments:

  1. I love how excited you are for this challenge! I'm a big fan of libraries too (duh) so it makes me very happy to see your enthusiam! Looking forward to seeing what you read in April.
    Stefani @ Caught Read Handed

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this mentioned at Stefani's Caught Read Handed blog and had to sign up too. Hooray for libraries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'll be joining this one too. I already frequent my library and have a TBR pile. But I joined a lot of challenges for which I do not own any suitable books, so this will be a great way to catch up on these challenges. I have one that will be over in April, and have completed three already. I think I can do this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post and thanks for joining us! Should be a fun month of celebrating our libraries. I look forward to seeing what all you check out. Amy @ Read What I Like

    ReplyDelete

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.