Saturday, March 7, 2015

My To-Be Read List Review February: Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson (no spoilers)

Hosted by Michelle @ Because Reading
Book: Amy and Roger's Epic Detour
Author: Morgan Matson
Publication: May 4, 2010
Source: Gifted
Read: Feb 21-Mar 2
Summary (from Goodreads):

Amy Curry is not looking forward to her summer. Her mother decided to move across the country and now it's Amy's responsibility to get their car from California to Connecticut. The only problem is, since her father died in a car accident, she isn't ready to get behind the wheel. Enter Roger. An old family friend, he also has to make the cross-country trip - and has plenty of baggage of his own. The road home may be unfamiliar - especially with their friendship venturing into uncharted territory - but together, Amy and Roger will figure out how to map their way.




My Thoughts:
Amy & Roger's Epic Detour was my February To-Be Read List pick. I'm quite late on this review in fact my voting for March will be up later today, but time just got away from me this week. I'm officially on spring break this week so hoping to get ahead on blogging.

I really enjoyed Amy and Roger's Epic Detour. It did take a while to get into, but once I was in I was hooked. This book was one I was excited to tell everybody about and it made me want to take a road trip although I know they aren't as fun as Amy and Roger made them out to be.

The mystery behind the car accident was one of the things that was really interesting in this book. It was always in the back of my mind wondering what happened. It was fun to watch Amy change throughout the novel. She went from being closed off to finally opening up to new experiences. Roger also changed and grew throughout this novel. He decided that he needed to move on and enjoy the adventure.

I loved the pictures, the receipts, playlists, and the description of the places they went. The scrapbook aspect of this book just added to the character. Even though I finished the book I still like to pick it up and look at the pictures. This book was all about adventure and finding happiness. They took a detour from the route Amy's mom originally set for them and they grew so much over the journey. The romance in this book developed slowly, but once it developed they moved quickly. Almost a little too quickly in my opinion. This whole book took place over 5 days and a lot happened in those 5 short days.

I really enjoyed this book. It was a fun summer read. I grew pretty attached to Amy, Roger, and their Epic Detour across America. It was such a fun read and a great way to live this cross country adventure. Definitely on my recommend list!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.