Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Top Ten Books I have Read So Far This Year 2014

Top Ten Tuesday is Hosted by The Broke and The Bookish

A little late in the day, but oh well today was busy. I had a hard time putting the books in order so just know I loved all of these books. 

1. Open Road Summer by Emery Lord- This novel is the perfect summer read about friendship with a country music singer. 
2. True Colors by Kristin Hannah- This was also an amazing book I read about friendship. I didn't want to put it down and finished most of it over the course of a weekend. 
3. Cress by Marissa Meyer- If you haven't started this series a good time to start would be now. Marissa Meyer's retelling of Rapunzel was amazing. 
4. Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell- This novel was so real. It had all the quirks of a first relationship. 
5. Pivot Point by Kasie West- This novel was amazing, set in a dystopian world, Addie has to choose whether she will go into the normal world with her dad or stay within the complex with her mom. The sequel Split Second is also amazing. 

6. Incarnate by Jodi Meadows- In a world where people are reborn Anna is a newsoul. This novel is amazing. I fell in love. I still have read the finale Infinite
7. The Fairest of Them All by Carolyn Turgeon- This was a complex fairy tale retelling about Rapunzel growing up to be Snow White's evil step mother. What I loved about this one is how complex of a novel it was. It explored true feelings and how fairy tales aren't always what they seem. 
8. How to Love by Katie Cotugo- A novel about teenage pregnancy and reconnecting. Reena was pregnant, but she didn't tell Sawyer. Sawyer left town and now he is back. Reena is used to raising their daughter by herself and doesn't want him to be involved. Told in a before and after point of view I loved how the story unfolded. 
9. Sunlight and Shadow by Cameron Dokey- This one was truly magical. 
10. Zel by Donna Jo. Napoli- This was a great retelling of Rapunzel that I thoroughly enjoy. Very close to the original tale, but still a great take on the story. 


Thanks for reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.