Wednesday, May 21, 2014

2014 Book of the Year Bracket Challenge Sign Up

2014 Book of the Year Bracket Challenge

The Book of the Year Bracket Challenge is a blogging challenge open to all reading bloggers and operated by Elle at Erratic Project Junkie.  Participants set a goal for the number of books they wish to read in a year and then enter those books into an NCAA style bracket of any size and in any order they choose. During January 2015, all participating bloggers will begin working through their brackets, eliminating books and picking champions with the ultimate goal of naming their favorite book (book of the year) for 2014. For all BOTY Bracket Challenge information, scheduling, and updates, visit Erratic Project Junkie.

January 3rd : Reveal starting brackets.
January 6th : Initial eliminations. All rounds of eliminations needed to get the number of contestants reduced to 32. 
January 8th Elimination to find the Sweet Sixteen.
January 10th : Reducing challengers to eight books - the Elite Eight.
January 13th Quarterfinals. Determine your Final Four.
January 15th : Semi-Finals. Only two may enter the final arena.
January 17th : Finals...the Champion will be determined. Announce your Book of the Year! 

I'm so excited to join this challenge. It is every book I have read this year put up against each other to see which book wins. I have already started on my bracket and who knows who the winner. This is a fun project and I hope more people will join. I'm going to be doing the 64 bracket. If I don't read 64 books then I will just leave out some of the brackets. I read around 66 books last year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.