Monday, April 7, 2014

Summer Library Reading Challenge Sign Up

Because you all know I need to join another challenge. I have already joined several for the spring/summer season. I couldn't resist joining The Book Monsters' library challenge.

As you all know I love my local library and read several books from the library. I don't have to buy books often because my library owns almost every book I want to read and if they don't own it then I just have to inter library loan it. It is nice having books right at my finger tips without cleaning out my piggy bank. I would not be able to be this avid of a reader without my local library. Don't get me wrong I enjoy owning books, but I also enjoy supporting my local library.

The Book Monsters will be hosting a Library Readathon from June 16th to 22nd. Be sure to join in on that fun.

My own library readathon will be coming up towards the end of May beginning of June. I haven't decided yet.

My goal for this reading challenge will just be to read as many library books as possible over the summer. I know this will be no problem since I visit the library so frequently. I often have more books checked out then I can possibly read, but I renew them or keep them overdue to finish them all. The great thing about my library is that they keep updated with the new releases so their supply is constantly getting updated and if they don't own something I can always put in a purchase request. I never feel like I'm forced to read only old books. I read a good mixture of older books and new releases.

Thanks to The Book Monsters for hosting. This is going to be such a fun challenge. I'm excited to be apart of it and encourage people to fall in love with their local library.


6 comments:

  1. I haven't stopped by The Book Monsters lately, but this sounds like an awesome challenge! I'm trying to be better about reading all my library books, so this might be just the push I need!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love reading library books so I thought this was a great challenge to join.

      Delete
  2. I might need to join this challenge. I go to the library once a week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this would be a great challenge for you to join. It is low pressure so you wouldn't have to be stressed out about not making a goal.

      Delete
  3. Yay! Thanks for joining us! I figure there's so many "arc" challenges or TBR challenges, why not have a fun library challenge? Plus, usually there is Summer Reading at my library, looking forward to all the library fun this summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so looking forward to the challenge. My library usually has a summer reading program, but I rarely join anymore, but I join with the kids I babysit.

      Delete

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.