Sunday, April 27, 2014

Dewey's Readathon Spring 2014 Finish Line Hour 24


  1. Which hour was most daunting for you? Hour 17 I ended up going to sleep and missing the last few hours of the readathon. 
  2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? This year I read Attachments by Rainbow Rowell through most of the readathon and it was such a great readathon book because it was short and entertaining. 
  3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? I love this readathon so much. I think you guys do a great job. 
  4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? The hourly posts are always my favorite. 
  5. How many books did you read? 4
  6. What were the names of the books you read? 74 Seaside Avenue by Debbie Macomber, Heaven Changes Everything by Todd and Sonja Burpo, Through a Tangled Wood by Various Authors, and Attachments by Rainbow Rowell. 
  7. Which book did you enjoy most? I really enjoyed them all, but Attachment was probably my favorite of the day. 
  8. Which did you enjoy least? I enjoyed them all. 
  9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? I was not, but they were great and gave me so much motivation. 
  10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I will definitely be back in October although that is much busier time. I will be a reader once again. 


Wow what a readathon. I was worried that I would not accomplish much this readathon because my friend would want to do something most of the day. She was more than happy to just let me lay around and read.

I did my last formal update at Hour 16, but I ended up staying up until 12:40 am central time which is Hour 17. I stayed up just long enough to finish Attachments by Rainbow Rowell and then I was off.  I ended up not falling alsleep until 1:30 am central time because I was still on the readathon high, but I knew I wouldn't be able to read any more so I let myself go asleep.

pg 260 to pg 294 from 10:56 to 11:34
Then I took a shower in an effort to stay awake. I shower in the morning usually because it wakes me up. Then I put on my pajamas and climbed into bed to finish Attachments
pg 294 to pg 323 from 11:51 to 12:41

Cummulative Total
Books Finished: 4
Pages Read Since Last Update: 63
Time Read Since Last Update: 1 hour 28 minutes
Total Pages Read: 440
Total Time Read: 11 hours 24 minutes

Overall I had such a fun day of reading. I was able to finish 4 books although the only one I started during the readathon was Attachments. I was able to finish 74 Seaside Avenue by Debbie Macomber, Heaven Changes Everything by Todd and Sonja Burpo, Through a Tangled Wood by Various Authors, and Attachments by Rainbow Rowell. 

I read through almost 1/2 of the readathon and 440 pages which I have never read that much in a day. I'm extremely excited and will be glad to participate again in October. Although I'm bit more busy when that one comes around. 

And If you are still looking for more readathons to join. 

Bout of Books is Coming up in May



Bout of Books

The Library Books Readathon is Coming Up in June 

6 comments:

  1. Great job! Attachments is a fun read and congrats on the 11 and almost a half hours of reading. I will be signing up for your readathon a little closer to time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I put it up supper early this year. I just wanted it up during national library week.

      Delete
  2. Yay! Good job with 4 books :)And that is a ton of hours to read, you did fantastic. Attachment sounds like such a fast-paced, fun read! Glad you enjoyed.
    Random Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. It was a great readathon book for sure.

      Delete
  3. Fantastic job! I'll be doing the Bout of Books readathon, can't wait for it to start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one of my favorite Readathons. Such a great day.

      Delete

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.