Friday, November 22, 2013

2013 Christmas Sprit and Christmas Readathon Sign Up

I love Christmas. That is something I haven't really shared on this blog yet is how much I love Christmas. About the end of September early October I started to get excited for Christmas. Once Hallmark starts their Christmas movies (which gets earlier and earlier every year) I begin to celebrate Christmas. That means watching endless amounts of Christmas movies, freaking out about all the cute Christmas decorations at the store, and listening to lots of Christmas music.

I love Christmas spirit. The feeling of magic in the air. Christmas brings people together and it gives people a chance to slow down and spend quality time with their family. People are also much more giving during the Christmas season.

I might be crazy for celebrating Christmas as long as I do, but I really do love this season. After Christmas ends I often find myself not quite as happy. I am always in a good mood at this time of year.

I usually start reading Christmas novels at the beginning of November, but I have held off this year because I need to finish my reading Challenges. I will start reading Christmas novels in early December. I'm signing up for Misteltoe 2-4 books.

I also will be participating in the Christmas Spirit Read-a-thon hosted on Season of Reading Blog. I will decide what I'm reading when the time comes. 

4 comments:

  1. I'm doing this challenge too! I'm not doing the read-a-thon though because I prefer to wait until after Thanksgiving. Nothing wrong with starting the celebrating early if you love the holiday season as much as you do -- the over-commercialization that comes with stores pushing the holiday earlier and earlier is what can get on my nerves -- but I see nothing wrong or crazy with having Christmas in your heart and enjoying the wonderful movies & books this season has to offer whenever the mood strikes you to begin! Enjoy your Christmas books -- looking forward to seeing which ones you choose :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand where people come from when they don't want to celebrate Christmas until after Thanksgiving. I try not to forget about thanksgiving. For me Thanksgiving is a time to be extremely thankful for all I have. I see that in Christmas also. I will make sure to update this one on time.

      Delete
  2. I am participating in the read-a-thon, but I am going to try to finish a book I need to reread for a booktalk, before starting any Christmas books. I am going to try to read Mrs. Miracle by Debbie Macomber, which will be my first book by her. I loved the movies, so I am thinking the book will be just as good if not better. I know she is one of your favorites. Good luck with the last bit of this semester and I hope you get some time to read and relax!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mrs. Miracle is a wonderful book. One of my favorites. I absolutely love Debbie Macomber's Christmas books.

      Delete

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.