Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Book Review: City of Glass by Cassandra Clare (no spoilers)

Book: City of Glass
Author: Cassandra Clare
Series: The Mortal Instruments Book #3
Publication: March 24th 2009
Source: Local Library
Rating 5/5 Stars
Summary (from Goodreads):

To save her mother's life, Clary must travel to the City of Glass, the ancestral home of the Shadowhunters - never mind that entering the city without permission is against the Law, and breaking the Law could mean death. To make things worse, she learns that Jace does not want her there, and Simon has been thrown in prison by the Shadowhunters, who are deeply suspicious of a vampire who can withstand sunlight.

 As Clary uncovers more about her family's past, she finds an ally in mysterious Shadowhunter Sebastian. With Valentine mustering the full force of his power to destroy all Shadowhunters forever, their only chance to defeat him is to fight alongside their eternal enemies. But can Downworlders and Shadowhunters put aside their hatred to work together? While Jace realizes exactly how much he's willing to risk for Clary, can she harness her newfound powers to help save the Glass City - whatever the cost?

Love is a mortal sin and the secrets of the past prove deadly as Clary and Jace face down Valentine in the third installment of the New York Times bestselling series The Mortal Instruments.

*may be spoilers of previous books in the series*
My Thoughts:

These books just keep getting better and better as I go along in the series. City of Glass started out a bit slow, but it didn't stay that way for long. This book had me on the edge the whole time I was reading it and when I put it down I couldn't wait to pick it up again. City of Glass was the best book in the series yet in my opinion.

City of Glass is placed in the beautiful city of Idiris. So far in the series Idiris has been a land that is talked about, but we never had a clear vision about the city. When Clary enters through Lake Lyn we are transported into the land of Shadowhunters as Jace, Clary, Simon, Isabelle, and Alec continue the quest to defeat Valentine.

This novel was epic had so much action going on at all times. Jace and Clary's relationship really changed over the course of this novel. The Lightwood family went through a difficult time. Valentine kept the action and evil going. I loved every second of it. Blood was shed in this novel, but it wasn't shed for no reason.

Overall this book had a great ending. I really enjoyed the ending. I understood some of the reasons as to why Cassandra Clare did things she did in the novel when I discovered she originally meant The Mortal Instruments to only be a trilogy. I'm really glad she decided to continue. It is now going to be 6 books. This novel was full of twists and turns and had it parts where you were really happy for the characters and really sad. I never knew what emotion I was going to feel next. City of Glass is my new favorite for The Mortal Instruments Series and I love this series.


Thanks

Rachael

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.