Monday, July 29, 2013

July Read-A-Thon Wrap Ups

Long time blog followers have probably noticed that this months read-a-thon's stats were a bit different. I never did a wrap up post for any read-a-thon I did in July. Wow! I'm here to wrap up all my read-a-thons for July in one post. July has been my lowest reading month of the whole year. I have read less books and less pages in July thanks to attending college. July also ended up being the month I participated in the most week long readathons. Almost every week of July was filled up with a read-a-thons. Without further to do here are my readathons stats.




I read 79 pages in 7 days which is about 11 pages per day during my first week of college. 

Books Started: 








Fly Away by Kristin Hannah

Hosted by Pure Imagination

I read a total of 48 pages in 3 days which is about 16 pages per day. Thankfully once I got to unit 2 of College Algebra things started to get a little easier so I had a little more time to read. This was the easier week for speech also because we did not have to give a speech this week. 

Books Started:
Fly Away by Kristin Hannah

This read-a-thon is hosted Patrick @ The Bookshelves and Jen @ YA Romantics.



I read a total of 274 pages in 7 days which is about 39 pages per day. Don't be fooled this was one of my harder weeks of college as I had to give two speeches this week and I was still busy cruising through math. Fly Away was hitting a point where I really wanted to find out the ending so I stayed up late many nights to read as much as possible. I had a boring Friday night where my friends didn't want to do anything so I sat and read 5B Poppy Lane by Debbie Macomber. I was able to start Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen on Saturday. 

Books Finished: 
I finished my goals for this readathon and finished Fly Away by Kristin Hannah and started and finished 5-B Poppy Lane by Debbie Macomber

Book Started:
Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen

The Hot Summer Readathon was my most successful readathon of this month. 

I read 100 pages in 7 days which is about 14 pages per day. I think this is good considering I had a lot I needed to get done plus this was the last week I had with my college friends. 

Books Started:
Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen and All I Need by Susane Colasanti


I read 501 pages in July for readathons. I think that is a sad number, but I'm glad I was still reading. Overall I'm glad to be done with school for a little while and I hope to get a lot of reading done in August. 

Thanks to all the hosting and all my followers for your continued support


Rachael


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.