Monday, July 8, 2013

Book Review: 50 Harbor Street by Debbie Macomber (Cedar Cove #5) (No Spoilers)

Book: 50 Harbor Street
Author: Debbie Macomber
Publication: September 1st, 2005
Series: Cedar Cover #5
Source: Digital Library
Rating: 5/5 stars
Summary (from Amazon):

Corrie McAfee 
50 Harbor Street
 Cedar Cove, Washington 

 Dear Reader,

Considering that I'm married to Cedar Cove's private investigator, you might think I enjoy mysteries. But I don't—especially when they involve us! Roy's been receiving anonymous postcards and messages asking if we "regret the past." We don't know what they mean….

On a more positive note, we're both delighted that our daughter, Linnette, has moved to Cedar Cove to work at the new medical clinic. A while ago I attended the humane society's "Dog and Bachelor Auction," where I bought her a date with Cal Washburn, who works at Cliff Harding's horse farm. Unfortunately Linnette is less enthusiastic about this date than I am.

 Speaking of Cliff, the romance between him and Grace Sherman is back on. But that's only one of the many interesting stories here in Cedar Cove. So why don't you drop by for a coffee at my husband's office on Main Street or our house on Harbor and I'll tell you everything that's new!

 Corrie


My Thoughts:

Say hello to my new favorite book from the Cedar Cove Series. This book had twists and turns around every corner and was not predictable at all. I enjoyed every character's story line and the relaxed set of Cedar Cove. Like I have said in past reviews these people that live in this fictional town don't feel like people in a book they feel like people I know, maybe people I went to school with. That is one of my favorite parts about Debbie Macomber's novels is that you feel like you know the people.

The ending of this novel is what left me the most shocking and now I can't wait to read the next novel 6 Rainier Drive too bad I don't have it checked out from the library already. So much happened in 50 Harbor Street that you won't want to miss out on. The story just keeps get better and better as I move along. I highly recommend reading this series.

I have a character follow along that will be up tomorrow.

Thanks for reading


Rachael

2 comments:

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.