Friday, May 31, 2013

May Wrap Up and June TBR

May Wrap Up
I read a total of 9 books in May which officially beats out February where I read 8 books. 5 of those books I read after I got out of school on May 14th so you can tell I spent a lot of time reading once summer began.  Although I read so many books in May I'm sad to say I still did not finish my TBR. I didn't get to Scarlet by Marissa Meyer, but will get to it in early June. May was a month full of decisions which I announced in my Read-A-Thon sign up post which is coming up and the very exciting event of graduating from high school. I have a busy summer ahead of me, but I hope to get some reading done in June. 

1.  The first book I finished in May is 44 Cranberry Point by Debbie Macomber. This still did not top the 2nd book in my opinion, but I really enjoyed my time reading this novel. (review) (character follow along)







2. The 2nd book I finished in May was Breathing Underwater by Alex Flinn. This is the first book I have read by Alex Flinn and I really enjoyed the complex characters she created in this book. It was a quick read and totally worth it. (Reivew)(Cover Face Off







3. The third book I read in May was Rapunzel Untangled by Cindy C. Bennett. I have to say that I enjoyed Rapunzel Untangled so much I decided to do a Rapunzel feature. A whole month of Rapunzel themed posts. I will announce more about it later this year although I have decided when I'm going to do the feature. 







4. The fourth book I read in May was Firefly Lane by Kristen Hannah. Although it is so hard to pick a favorite for May because I read so many amazing books. If I have to choose a favorite it would be Firefly Lane by Kristen Hannah. This books was very emotional, but it had so many compelling themes and it was real life. I didn't feel like I was reading fiction. I felt like I was reading about a real life friendship. A friendship I hope one day to find. Firefly Lane is a hard book to get over. I can't wait to read another book by this author. (Review) (Discussion





5. The next book was Happy Birthday Bad Kitty by Nich Bruel. This was such a fun read and took me under an hour. I was bored while babysitting so I picked up the book and I did a quick review on it the next day. I thought it was a fun read. (Review







6. The next book was City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. The book that set me behind on my TBR. I was going to start Sarah Dessen as soon as I finished Firefly Lane, but that got put on hold when I forgot Firefly Lane at home on my final day of High School. I ran to the library to check out a random book and they had Cassandra Clare's City of Bones. I really enjoyed this book and read it really quickly so I could start Sarah Dessen. I did really like the book and I'm excited to read the 2nd book City of Ashes. (Review)




7. Then after I finished City of Bones it was time to scramble to finish The Spring of Sarah Dessen reading challenge. I started that by reading her shortest book That Summer. That Summer was a really good book although it was not Sarah Dessen's best. (Review).







8. I followed with This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen which was quite an amazing book with great characters. I really enjoyed this book and the issues it covered. (Review).









9. The next book I read was Just Listen by Sarah Dessen which has quickly made its way to be one of my favorite Sarah Dessen books. I could not run out of good things to say about Just Listen in my review which to me shows the true sign of how much I enjoyed a book. With that I finished The Spring of Sarah Dessen reading challenge and May (Review)






June TBR
The grand news for June is that there is no To Be Read list. Of course I still have books I want to read in June, but you will have to figure some of those out through my reviews and read-a-thons that are happening in June. I just want June to be a very relaxed month where I read whatever I want. At this point I would like to finish up the books I have checked out from the library now. Maybe read another book by Kristen Hannah and the 2nd book to City of Bones. You will have to see in my June wrap up what I decide to read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.