Sunday, January 13, 2013

Book Review: The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger (Spoiler Free)


Book: The Time Traveler's Wife 
Author: Audrey Niffenegger
Series: Standalone
Publication: May 27th, 2004
Source: Local Library
Rating: 5/5 stars 

Henry DeTamble can see the past through time travel. Henry visits the past and he gets to see events of his life good and bad played over and over again. The problem is he can't choose where he ends up which sometimes puts Henry in dangerous situations. Henry meets his wife Clare Abshire when she is six years old. Clare has to deal with always waiting around for Henry while dealing with the pressures of High school. Can Clare and Henry's love strong enough to endure the test of time? 


My thoughts:
This was my second time reading through this wonderful novel and I must say I enjoyed it just as much as the first time. This book is amazing. It switches back and forth between Henry and Clare talking so you truly get to know what is going on in both of their heads.  Henry and Clare truly have a love that will last a lifetime. I enjoyed re-experiencing my favorite parts of this novel over again and I loved every minute I spent reading this novel. Every step of the way throughout this novel I learned to love Clare and Henry as characters even more.  As I got near the ending of this novel I started to try to talk myself out of the ending that there would be a different ending this time although I knew that wouldn't happen. I do love the true ending and I think the author made the right choice with the ending it is just so heartbreaking.

I did notice the beginning is a tad confusing with the switching back and forth, but once you got into it I was fine.

Fans of Nicholas Sparks I think you would love this book. 


Thanks for reading.


Rachael

11 comments:

  1. I think you did a really good job setting this book up. I agree the beginning takes a little getting used to but you quickly move into understanding what is going on. I loved this book also and got very caught up in the characters! I love a book that I just am so into I just don't want to put it down or for there to be an end. This was just such a book. It is a love story that everyone themselves hopes to have in their lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. I agree with everything you said. It is just a truly amazing novel and I will probably read it again in a few years.

      Delete
  2. I've always been worried that this would be too sad for me to enjoy it. I'm glad you liked it though and hope the movie is equally good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the movie does a really great job of capturing the book. I hope you decide to read it. Oh and Thank you for the comment.

      Delete
  3. Hi, Carole's Chatter is collecting posts about Favourite Romance Novels. This looks like a good one. It would be super if you linked it in. This is the link - Your Favourite Romances There are over 25 links already. I hope to see you soon. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads up. I added it.

      Delete
    2. Rachael, thanks for adding to the romance "library". I have signed up to follow you and hope that you will follow Carole's Chatter too. Cheers

      Delete
  4. I love this book. I read it a few years ago and it was the first book I properly cried in. It wasn't pretty.
    I actually enjoyed reading your review - it wasn't too long and it was easy to follow.
    Basma @ My Bookish Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was my first review for the blog. Although I don't think I really expressed how much I love this book I think I got my point across.

      Delete
  5. This is one of my favorite books. I need to read it again so that I can revisit Clare and Henry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love The Time Traveler's Wife and rate it as one of my all time favorite books so I was happy I let myself reread it this year.

      Delete

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.