Friday, January 18, 2013

Nonfiction books

So I have to read one nonfiction book for independent reading. I really would love some reccommendations, but since I have no viewers that might be a slim happening. At this point I'm planning on reading.

When my church youth group and I volunteered at The Ronald Mcdonald house we had a bit of downtime and I saw they had this book and began to read it. I only read the first 38 pages, but I fell in love with the story Nicholas Sparks was creating. Of course it has been my to read list ever since. I'm excited to read this book and get to know Nicholas Sparks and his brother more as real people. 

The second book I want to read is 
I started this book back during my sophomore year of high school when I took independent reading the first time. It took me an entire semester to read 82 pages. Yeah I'm not kidding 82 pages. Back during sophomore year I was the type of person who would always be reading 2-3 books at one time. I was reading so many other amazing books that although I always had this one with me I was choosing to read the other novels. I put Eat Pray Love down and said I would come back to it later. Eat Pray Love is one of the rare books that I own and I think that is half the problem. There is no deadline to finish this novel. I'm the type of person that needs deadlines otherwise the work will not get done it will just sit there. That is what happened to this novel. I think the movie is okay and I'm excited to give this novel another chance. Since I'm a one book at a time reader now this book will get finished and it won't take a whole semester. It can't take a semester if I'm going to read 50 books this year.

Update 3-24-13: I read Three Weeks with My Brother and loved it. You can read my review here. 


Thanks for reading and leave anymore nonfiction book recommendation's below.


Rachael 

2 comments:

  1. I still haven't read a Nicholas Sparks novel. I guess, I need to lay off the paranormal for a little while.

    New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting. My favorite Nicholas Sparks book is Safe Haven which is coming out as a movie on February 8th so there is still time to read it.

      Delete

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.